Does working from home have you snacking more? La Crosse County FoodWIse Educator Karie Johnson shares a guiltless sweet treat that is gluten free and only has two tablespoons of sugar per batch!
Black Bean Brownies Makes 12 brownies
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Be sure the bean seed casings are completely blended. (A blender can work, but food processor is preferred for taste and texture.)
- Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight to firm up.