Diagnosing Plant Problems
Let an Extension Horticulture Educator identify your plant or plant problem. Bring your plant sample or plant insect pest to the Extension La Crosse County office during regular business hours of 8 AM – 4:30 PM. This service is available to the general public. You may print the Horticulture Diagnostic Form, fill it out and bring it with you; or fill it out when you come into the office with your sample.
There is a $5 charge for this service and diagnostics may take up to 1-2 weeks to get results.
For a brochure of all of our diagnostic services, open the Horticulture Diagnostic Services Flyer.
For instructions on collecting a “good sample,” please call the Extension La Crosse County at (608)785-9593 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- UW – Plant Disease and Diagnostic Clinic
- Oak Wilt
- Foliose Lichens
- Winter Salt Injury and Salt-tolerant Landscape Plants (.pdf, 12 pages)
- Damping Off (.pdf, 1 page)
- Rhizosphaera Needle Cast
- Wood Mulch and Tree Health
- Apple, Crabapple, hawthorn, and juniper disorder: Cedar Rust Complex (.pdf, 4 pages)
- Tubakia Leaf Spot
- Fir Broom Rust (.pdf, 1 page)
- Downy Mildew
- Diplodia Shoot Blight and Canker
- Conifers Disorder: Sphaeropsis Shoot Blight and Canker (.pdf, 2 pages)
- Armillaria Root Disease
- Rose Disorder: Rust
- Powdery Mildew in Ornamentals (.pdf, 4 pages)
- Vine Crops Disorder: Powdery Mildew (.pdf, 2 pages)