Youth Leaders/Ambassador Program
Being a 4-H Ambassador is a great honor – selected youth get to represent La Crosse County 4-H at community and county events and activities. Ambassadors participate in a wide variety of duties throughout the year, such as:
- Assisting at festivals by presenting awards, ushering, and emceeing
- Working at the county fair
- Talking with community groups about 4-H
- Visiting clubs to promote upcoming events
- Visiting schools to recruit members
- Participating in parades
- Completing TV and/or Radio spots
- Working on their leadership potential
The next Ambassador term will begin in October and go through the end of August. Very few formal meetings are held as time is put in on event days. If you have additional questions about being an Ambassador, please contact the UW-Extension office.
All youth in grades 7 and up are encouraged to become a part of the group! Join in the next meeting (below) to see what it’s all about!
Interested in becoming an Ambassador for the next 4-H year? All youth going into grades 7 and up are invited to apply! Applications are due to the Extension La Crosse County office by September 30th. Current Ambassadors who wish to continue on for the next year should submit their intent to continue in writing to LaCrosseCounty4H@lacrossecounty.org by October 1st.