Current Volunteer Opportunities
The types and commitment levels of our volunteers vary but one this is always constant – we need YOU. From short term volunteer to long-term, club level to county to state, we need all hands on deck if we’re going to have a successful 4-H Program. So bring your talents, your passions and your mission to help youth, and join us on this journey! Below are some of the positions we always have available.
|4-H Group Short-Term||4-H Group Long-Term||County 4-H Short-Term||County 4-H Long-Term|
These are just some of the positions you could help with, if you have an idea of how you’d like to help La Crosse County 4-H either at the club, project or county level, please reach out to Emily Crook at 608-785-9761 or email@example.com.
Long-term volunteers who take on leadership and custodial care of youth need to be certified 4-H adult volunteers and recognized by the WI 4-H Program. Adult volunteers must complete the following requirements as dictated by the State of Wisconsin in regards to working with UW-Extension youth. For a comprehensive list and access to the trainings, please visit: Training for Volunteers from WI 4-H. Below is a quick summary of what is required.
- Enroll in 4-H Online
- Background Check (every 4 years)
- Orientation Process – currently Volunteer in Preparation Training and Risk Management Training
- Safe Environment Training – currently Building Safe Spaces, Title IX, and Mandated Reporter Trainings
- Mission & Role Training – currently in development from WI 4-H.
Become a Youth Volunteer
4-H youth are offered different volunteer opportunities throughout the year in their projects and clubs. Some examples of youth volunteer roles include:
- Serving as a club officer
- Assisting leaders and judges at events
- Joining 4-H Ambassadors
- Planning Project activities with mentors
- Clerking at the La Crosse Interstate Fair
Please visit the Youth Leadership page to learn more about how youth can serve La Crosse County 4-H.