LA CROSSE COUNTY
Community, Natural Resource and Economic Development (or CNRED) is a program within Cooperative Extension, a division of University of Wisconsin-Extension. CNRED is Wisconsin’s educational network serving people and their communities in seeking positive change.
CNRED programs share a common goal reflected in our commitment to community development. Our outreach programs, research and overall assistance involves people, communities, and organizations in educational experiences that teach them to apply appropriate knowledge and technology to the problems of the day. CNRED programs deal with communities as well as the people and resources within them.
- Community Development
Strengthening people’s ability to identify and and solve community problems
- Leadership and Organizational Development
Facilitating collaboration, local leadership development and community-based problem-solving.
- Strengthening Local Government
Providing educational resources for civic engagement and partnerships in local government decision-making.
- Natural Resources
Providing education in environmental protection, energy management and land use.
- Economic Development
Enhancing local economic health, business development, stable employment and quality of life.
CNRED educational programs support community goals, including:
- local leadership training
- economic development
- public policy issues
- natural resources protection
- land-use planning
- shared decision-making & consensus building
- access to information technologies
Community Development Program Local Projects | Helpful External Resources
Community Development News and Announcements
If you would like to learn more about Community Economic Development programming, contact us:
- Community Economic Development Program Manager: Brandon Hofstedt
- EDA University Center: Kristin Runge
- Downtown and Business District: Bill Ryan
- Broadband: Gayil Huyck
- Community Vitality and Placemaking: Todd Johnson
- Energy On Wisconsin: Sherrie Gruder