La Crosse County FoodWIse Educator Karie Johnson has been working on finding the bottom of her freezer. Ground pork that was harvested by her father-in-law from a wild hog graced her families table last night in this versatile recipe for a Pork Cabbage Stir Fry.
Pork Cabbage Stir Fry 4 Servings
- 1 pound boneless pork steak or ground pork
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 carrots, grated
- 3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon bouillon chicken granules
- Slice meat across the grain into thin strips, about 2- 3 inches long.
- Heat oil in fry pan.
- Add meat and seasonings and stir fry over high heat, stirring often until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove meat and set aside.
- Add vegetables to frying pan. Stir fry until vegetables are crisp tender.
- In small bowl, mix water, soy sauce, cornstarch and bouillon
- Stir sauce mixture into cooked vegetables.
- Return meat to fry pan and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with chopped green onions (optional)