La Crosse County UW-Extension offers soil testing
Why, when and how:
What you get:
- Analysis of current nutrient content of your soil (P,K).
- Current soil pH.
- Recommendation of type and amount of fertilizer to add.
- Allow 2 – 3 weeks for return of results.
What we need:
- A total of 2 cups of air dry soil.
- Samples should contain soil from surface to 6 inches deep.
- Take soil from 3 to 5 places in area to be tested, mix together; submit 2 cups of mixture in a clean plastic bag.
What is the cost:
- The standard Lawn or Garden test are $15 per sample (plus $3 for shipping) when submitted to the La Crosse County UW-Extension Office. Additional tests are available and cost varies depending upon type of sample testing to be completed (See Soil and Forage Analysis Lab Service and Fees linked below).
- Payment in cash or by check due at time of submission (checks payable to Extension La Crosse County). Results usually received within two weeks of submission.
- Soil and Forage Analysis Lab Service and Fees
Lab’s New Address:
Soil and Forage Analysis Lab
4702 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53705