- This event is hosted by Crawford, La Crosse, Richland, Vernon and Monroe County 4-H at Upham Woods in the Wisconsin Dells. Following guidance from Extension leadership, we will not be able to host base camp experiences this summer (July 2020).
- Monroe County is hosting this event at Wildcat Mountain State Park near Ontario on Wednesday, July 8 – Thursday, July 9. We are inviting our Area 13 4-H Friends too! Come join us as we canoe and camp out under the stars.
- Fees for Monroe County 4-H Members is $50, for non 4-H friends it is $90. You will be invoiced in mid May. REGISTER HERE for Outpost using this link: https://goo.gl/forms/BNkFBPXPJSzDqM4Q2
- All camp registrations are due May 1st. If you are not registered by May 1st you will not receive the $50 scholarship.
Upham Woods Open Enrollment:
- Camp sessions will be held during the months of June, July and August. There are 3-day and 4-day camp sessions. Please click here for exact dates and themes.
Why Summer Camp?
Located just 2 miles north of Wisconsin Dells, Upham Woods is 310 acres of beautiful mixed deciduous/coniferous forests and sandstone formations right on the Wisconsin River. Whether your child has never been to Upham Woods or wants another chance for an amazing Upham Woods camp experience, we’re here to make a memorable summer. Studies have shown that going to summer camp helps youth grow in areas such as self-confidence, independence, making friends, exploring, and learning new activities. Even for a short time period, time spent at camp can benefit a child all the way through adulthood.
At base camp, youth ages 8-13 will learn about the natural world, themselves and each other. Camp activities include hiking, canoeing, archery, swimming, low element travel courses and so much more. The traditions of summer camp and unique qualities of Upham Woods combine for an unforgettable experience! Registration is available until full and is awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. For even more information, visit the Upham Woods website link below.
Check out the album below of La Crosse County youth enjoying Upham Woods’ 2017 Open Enrollment Summer Camp!