The Pump House Regional Arts Center, located in downtown La Crosse, graciously hosts a La Crosse County 4-H art exhibit each fall. The selected exhibits that get displayed at the Pump House get chosen at the La Crosse Interstate Fair in several junior class departments. In 2018, under 50 projects at Fair will be selected to be on display in September. This means that being a selected participant is an honor, not a requirement. The exhibit will run from Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 until Saturday, October 20th, 2018.
If you were not a 2018 selected Pump House exhibitor…
You are still encouraged to come support your fellow 4-Hers and view the 4-H Exhibit! The Exhibit is open to the public any time the Pump House Regional Arts Center is open. Come see what creative, inspirational, fabulous work that your peers completed in their projects over the last year! And maybe you’ll get ideas for a project you want to work on for next year’s Fair, too.
If you were a 2018 selected Pump House exhibitor…
- Decide if you would like to participate in the exhibit. Some things to consider are the length of time your project will be away from you during the Exhibit, the potential fragility of your project and your project being exposed to the public, which always involves a small amount of risk.
- Remove any Fair tags or ribbons and clean up your display. Have a 2-D piece of art? Matte or mount it! Have a 3-D piece of art? Consider a shadow box or display stand. Remember, your exhibit was chosen out of hundreds of Fair entries-make your presentation reflect this!
- Fill out the purple “Exhibit Info Slip” that was attached to your project at Fair. If you have misplaced this slip, extras can be filled out and attached when you bring your exhibit to the UW-Extension office during drop-off.
- Bring your exhibit down to the UW-Extension office (212 6th St. N Suite 2200, La Crosse, WI 54601) between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. before Thursday, August 30th. No exhibits will be accepted after this date.
- Attend the Artist’s Reception at the Pump House Regional Arts Center on Tuesday, September 18th from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Attendance is not required, but is a time for participants and their families to show off their exhibits and involve family and friends in the process. Light refreshments are typically served, and there will be a time to network with other enthusiastic artsy 4-Hers and volunteers. All are welcome!
If you visit the Pump House…
Pump House Regional Arts Center
119 King Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Tuesday-Friday: 11:00 AM-7:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM-4:00 PM
2018 Pump House Gallery