The Pump House Regional Arts Center, located in downtown La Crosse, graciously hosts a La Crosse County 4-H art exhibit each fall. The selected exhibits that get displayed at the Pump House get chosen at the La Crosse Interstate Fair in several junior class departments. Being a selected participant is an honor, not a requirement. The exhibit will run from Tuesday, September 15, 2021 until Thursday, October 16, 2021.
If you were a 2021 selected Pump House exhibitor…
- Decide if you would like to participate in the exhibit. Some things to consider are the length of time your project will be away from you during the Exhibit, the potential fragility of your project and your project being exposed to the public, which always involves a small amount of risk.
- Remove any Fair tags or ribbons and clean up your display. Have a 2-D piece of art? Matte or mount it! Have a 3-D piece of art? Consider a shadow box or display stand. Remember, your exhibit was chosen out of hundreds of Fair entries-make your presentation reflect this!
- Fill out the purple “Exhibit Info Slip” that was attached to your project at Fair. If you have misplaced this slip, extras can be filled out and attached when you bring your exhibit to the UW-Extension office during drop-off, or downloaded here.
- Bring your exhibit down to the Extension office (212 6th St. N Suite 2200, La Crosse, WI 54601) between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. before Thursday, September 9th. No exhibits will be accepted after this date.
- Attend the Artist’s Reception at the Pump House Regional Arts Center on Tuesday, September 21st from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Attendance is not required, but is a time for participants and their families to show off their exhibits and involve family and friends in the process. Light refreshments are typically served, and there will be a time to network with other enthusiastic artsy 4-Hers and volunteers. All are welcome!
If you visit the Pump House…
Pump House Regional Arts Center
119 King Street
La Crosse, WI 54601
Tuesday-Friday: 11:00 AM-7:00 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM-4:00 PM
2019 Pump House Gallery
Here are just a few of the many projects we celebrated at the Pump House this year!