The Foods Revue is an annual pre-Fair event that judges entries from Foods & Nutrition, Cake Decorating, Cloverbud, and Exploring project members (psst…make sure youth are enrolled in these projects by the enrollment deadline to participate!). This is an opportunity for youth to show off what they’ve been working on in their projects by preparing a snack or part of a meal, decorating a cake, and more!
2021 Foods Revue Results
2019 Foods Revue Results
2023 Foods Revue
When: Monday, June 26, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. (set up at 5:00)
Where: La Crosse County Admin. Bldg, Atrium, 212 6th St N, La Crosse, WI 54601
Registration (due Monday, June 7th): Registration Sheets (Fillable) – coming soon.
CLOVERBUDS (grades K-2) will make a simple snack.
EXPLORERS (grades 3-4 or 1st year 4-Hers in 5th grade) that are NOT in a Foods & Nutrition project will prepare an after-school snack.
FOODS & NUTRITION will select only ONE of the foods you have enjoyed preparing in your project. The food you select must be related to your project, but the recipe does not have to be one from the project book. You will also plan a menu that includes the food you have selected.
CAKE DECORATING members will bring a decorated cake (no cupcakes) using frosting techniques and may include edible or non-edible decorations.
Rules & Information
- All entries must be ready for judging at the assigned time.
- Exhibitors must bring their own card table for displaying the place setting and food. You are responsible for setting up your own table and display. A separate table must be brought for each entry, not just one per exhibitor.
- All displays must include all dishes and silverware needed for the exhibit, including serving utensils for cakes. A tablecloth or placemat should be included.
- A centerpiece is recommended for everyone except cake decorators.
- Dress appropriately for the meal and occasion you are presenting.
- Include your recipe on an index card.
- You will be judged on your answers regarding age-appropriate knowledge of the My Plate dietary guidelines, food preparation, and nutritional value of the food, as well as your selection and the appearance of the table setting and food display.
- The food will not be eaten by a judge, so its temperature does not matter.
Fair entries will consist of a picture taken of your Foods Revue exhibit. The picture must be placed on an 8 1/2 X 11 inch sheet of paper. Exhibitors may write captions, add the recipe, or decorate the paper to enhance their exhibit. Place settings are not required for display at the Fair. These photos should be taken to the Foods & Nutrition area in the Old Youth Building during the drop-off time for all Fair entries.
The Clothing Revue is an annual pre-Fair event that judges entries from Crocheting, Clothing, Consumer Savvy, Knitting, Cloverbud, and Exploring project members (psst…make sure youth are enrolled in these projects by the enrollment deadline to participate!). This is an opportunity for youth to show off what they’ve been working on in their projects by preparing a garment, creating a clothing budget, and more!
2021 Clothing Revue Results
2019 Clothing Revue Results
2023 Clothing Revue
When: Sunday, June 25th, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. (set up at 4:30)
Where: La Crosse County Admin. Bldg, Auditorium, 212 6th St N, La Crosse, WI 54601
Contact: Janean Ranis, email@example.com
Registration (due June 16th): Registration Sheets (Fillable) – coming soon
Categories and Rules & Information
Use the online Fair Premium Guide to prepare entries. Descriptions and limitations are listed in the Guide under Departments 26 and 27. Participants must bring a description and fabric sample for each entry to the Clothing Revue. Click here for a summary of State Fair Qualifications.
Participants will be required to model one of their entries at the 2022 La Crosse Interstate Fair on Wednesday, July 20th at 5:00 p.m. (practice at 4:30 p.m.). Participants should bring a description and fabric sample with them to the Clothing Revue for each of their entries. State Fair representatives use these when writing the Style Show script.