La Crosse County FoodWIse Educator Karie Johnson shares a family favorite recipe Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon chips. Karie loves healthy snack ideas that can be altered depending on what is on hand. This recipe can incorporate fresh, frozen, or canned fruit.
Fruit Salsa 8 servings
- 1 apple, cored & chopped into small pieces.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (chopped) or 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen
- 2 kiwi, peeled & chopped
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Combine all chopped fruit, chill. Substitute any fresh, frozen, or canned fruit depending on what’s on hand.
Cinnamon Chips 8 servings
- 8 (8 inch) whole tortillas
- 2 tsp cinnamon mixed with 1/2 cup sugar
- Pan spray
- Spray tortillas slightly with pan spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Cut each tortilla into eight wedges and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 350° for 10 min or until crisp.
- Cool on a rack & store in airtight container. Dip chips in salsa and eat.